|We are a family run company specializing in high quality landscape design and construction. We are a full-service design and construction firm installing interlock, natural stone, planting, water features, landscape lighting and custom woodwork. Every job is unique and varied. Our clients are range from Churches, small residences to large country estates.|
Business Address: 10300 Hyndman Rd. Mountain, ON K0E 1S0
The landscape construction crew leader will perform tasks including reading plans and job packages, site staging, ordering materials, directing and training his or her staff on job site tasks, communicating and working with the project manager and the client. The foreman will complete heavy landscape construction, site demolitions and excavations, hard and soft installations and project budget reviews.
- Train crew members to improve job site skill set (machine operation, quality and efficiency improvements, stonemasonry)
- Complete performance reviews with lead hand/driver and labourers
- Complete job site safety inspections
- responsible for ensuring all required PPE and safety equipment is used by crew members
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations (see OHSA S. 27: Duties of Supervisor)
- Ability to drive a 5-ton or larger truck with trailer
- Load/unload and secure machines and material in trucks and on trailers
- Review construction sites to identify and eliminate potential hazards
- Control traffic passing near, in or around work zones
- Dig ditches or trenches using an excavator, backfill excavations, compact or level earth to grade
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, job-site enclosures, ramps and other temporary structures
- Cut and install precast and natural stone for patios, walkways, retaining walls,
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials
- Handle, install and water plant material
- Read plans, instructions or work specifications to determine work activities
- Complete daily progress reports and meetings on site with project manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary landscape schooling is an asset.
- 3 years or more landscape construction experience
- Excavator, skid steer, backhoe loader operation experience
- Proficient at reading drawings, details and following job packages
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligation
- Communication – job requires daily reports using a smart phone and clear communication skills for articulating information to the foreman and general manager
- Organization – job requires excellent organization skills and ability to complete projects within given deadlines
- Training – job requires being experienced at working with and training staff on job skills
Job Type: Full-time (Seasonal)
Ardron Landscapes is a smoke-free work place. We welcome recent graduates of Landscape design or construction programs and will provide training to a career-minded individual.
We appreciate all who apply, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org